LunarG released a new Vulkan SDK on August 10, 2017, and it includes a new Vulkan layer, new options in spirV-opt, four new Vulkan extensions, and updates to the loader, layers, and documents.
This new SDK release includes the following updates:
- a new Device Simulation Layer that allows JSON configuration of device-reported limits and capabilities,
- new options in spirv-opt to reduce SPIR-V binary size,
- new Vulkan extensions introduced since the 1.0.54 SDK:
- updates to loader, layers, and documents to reflect new extensions and changes defined in Vulkan version 126.96.36.199, and
- scores of bug fixes and validation coverage improvements
Please read the Release Notes on LunarXchange in the Docs section for more details.