Vulkan SDK elements come from many repositories. Have you ever wondered what elements make up a Vulkan SDK?
Developers have requested an SDK Version Tag on all repositories contributing to the SDK. Unfortunately, LunarG doesn’t have write access and isn’t able to guarantee that these tags would be created in a timely manner. So the Release Notes included with each Vulkan SDK release provide the branches/commits for each repository.
For example, here is the list of elements for the 126.96.36.199 SDK:
- Vulkan Specification
- SPIR-V Specification (Version 1.5, Revision 3)
- GLSL Specification (Version 4.6)
- GitHub Repo: google/shaderc, known-good branch
- GitHub Repo: KhronosGroup/glslang
- GitHub Repo: KhronosGroup/SPIRV-Cross
- GitHub Repo: KhronosGroup/SPIRV-Tools
- GitHub Repo: KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Headers, Version Tag: sdk-188.8.131.52
- GitHub Repo: KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Loader, Version Tag: sdk-184.108.40.206
- GitHub Repo: KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Tools, Version Tag: sdk-220.127.116.11
- GitHub Repo: KhronosGroup/Vulkan-ValidationLayers, Version Tag: sdk-18.104.22.168
- GitHub Repo: LunarG/gfxreconstruct, Version Tag: sdk-22.214.171.124
- GitHub Repo: LunarG/VulkanSamples, Version Tag: sdk-126.96.36.199
- GitHub Repo: LunarG/VulkanTools, Version Tag: sdk-188.8.131.52
- GitHub Repo: microsoft/DirectXShaderCompiler
- Github Repo: SPIRV-Reflect
In addition, some Linux package maintainers have asked for a programmatically readable solution for the commits/branches for each repository. Beginning with SDK 184.108.40.206, LunarG added an API to LunarXchange (vulkan.lunarg.com) that allows querying of the SDK versions and also downloading of a CONFIG.json file that will specify the commits/branches for all of the repositories for the specified SDK version. The documentation for this API is available on LunarXchange on the SDK Download Page and the link to the API documentation is provided here. If you have any questions regarding this API, please submit an issue on the LunarXchange site.
More information about LunarG
LunarG’s software engineering experts create innovative products and services for open source and commercial customers using leading-edge 3D graphics and compute technologies, including OpenGL, Vulkan, OpenXR, and SPIR-V. We have strengths in performance analysis and tuning, runtime and tools development, shader optimizations, driver development, and porting engines and applications to Vulkan. Our software engineering team is based in Fort Collins, Colorado. LunarG was founded by software experts who are passionate about 3D graphics.
For more information about LunarG, please check out our NEW website.