LunarG releases a new Linux/Windows SDK that supports Vulkan API revision 1.1.70, and is backward-compatible with Vulkan 1.0.70. The prior LunarG Linux/Windows SDK release supported Vulkan API revision 1.0.68. Read on for an overview of new features in the release and links to the release notes and the SDK. Refer to the release notes for driver and CMake requirements.
Overview of new features in the first Vulkan 1.1 SDK
- Support for Vulkan Version 1.1.x, the first major Vulkan update
- A json backend for the VulkanInfo utility for use with the device simulation layer
- Validation coverage and accuracy improvements, bug fixes, and the addition of many features
- New extensions for Vulkan 1.1.70:
Extensions now promoted from experimental or vendor extensions to Khronos extensions
- VK_KHR_multiview (formerly VK_KHX_multiview)
- VK_KHR_device_group (formerly VK_KHX_device_group)
- VK_KHR_device_group_creation (formerly VK_KHX_device_group_creation)
- VK_KHR_external_memory_capabilities (formerly VK_NV_external_memory_capabilities)
- VK_KHR_external_memory (formerly VK_NV_external_memory)
Vulkan 1.0 extensions now promoted to core
Additional extension considerations
- All KHX extensions have been promoted to KHR extensions
- The KHX versions of these extensions are no longer supported
Check out the Khronos press release for background on this new release.
For more information about LunarG, please check out our website.