Released 18 April 2022
Today LunarG released new Windows, Linux, and macOS SDKs for Vulkan header 1.3.211 that include VOLK, several new extensions, and updated validation layers. The prior SDK supported Vulkan header 1.3.204.
New Features Added
- The addition of VOLK (a meta-loader for Vulkan)
- The Vulkan Loader recognizes the new Vulkan extension, VK_KHR_portability_enumeration. Click here to view the LunarG white paper, The Vulkan Portability Enumeration Extension.
- The Vulkan Loader has been updated with two new environment variables, VK_ADD_DRIVER_FILES and VK_ADD_LAYER_PATH.
- On Linux, the Vulkan Loader has been updated to provide consistent device ordering. See the whitepaper, 1.3 Vulkan Loader Improvements, which includes a section about “Linux Consistent Device Ordering.”
- The macOS SDK includes updated MoltenVK version 1.1.9
- Improved validation coverage. VUID validation coverage documentation (validation_error_database.csv and validation_error_database.html) has been updated to represent the validation layer VUID coverage status.
List of the New Extensions in the 126.96.36.199 SDK
Note that extensions are optional and may not be implemented by the underlying driver/ICD. Applications can now query for the presence of these new features:
For More Information
More Information about LunarG
LunarG software engineering experts create innovative products and services for open source and commercial customers using leading-edge 3D graphics and compute technologies, including Vulkan, SPIR-V, OpenXR, and OpenGL. We have strengths in performance analysis and tuning, runtime and tools development, shader optimizations, driver development, and porting engines and applications to Vulkan.
For more information about LunarG, please check out our website.