LunarG has released new Windows, Linux, and macOS SDKs for Vulkan header 22.214.171.124. The prior SDK supported Vulkan API revision 1.2.135. The DirectX Shader Compiler (DXC) executable and GFXReconstruct, a new Vulkan capture/replay tool, debut with this SDK. Read on for information about other new features in this SDK.
Overview of Vulkan SDK 1.2.141
The following new features are included:
- GFXReconstruct, a new Capture/Replay tool. See the GFXReconstruct documentation for more details.
- The DirectX Shader Compiler (DXC) executable (for Windows SDK only at this time). See the DXC documentation for more details.
- Versions of the Vulkan Specification have been generated that result in VUIDs being visible within the specification text.
- Errors from the Validation Layers included with this SDK will provide links to the appropriate VUID section within this VUID annotated specification.
- This improves the usability of deciphering a validation error.
- The specifications are included with the SDK documentation online at vulkan.lunarg.com
- Support for the following new extensions:
- Bug fixes and improved validation coverage
For more information
Please read the Release Notes for Linux, Release Notes for Windows, or Release Notes for macOS for additional information or go to the Vulkan SDK download site to download this new SDK. Much of the documentation for this SDK is contained in the Getting Started Guides (Windows Getting Started Guide, Linux Getting Started Guide, macOS Getting Started Guide), found in the Documentation directory of the SDK and on this website.
LunarG’s software engineering experts create innovative products and services for open source and commercial customers using leading-edge 3D graphics and compute technologies, including Vulkan, SPIR-V, OpenXR, and OpenGL. We have strengths in performance analysis and tuning, runtime and tools development, shader optimizations, driver development, and porting engines and applications to Vulkan.
For more information about LunarG, please check out our website.