Last modified July 30, 2018
Personal information refers to information that is connected to you and may include things such as your email address, mailing address, mobile number, billing and payment preferences, and demographic information. You may provide us with personal information when subscribing to our email newsletter or completing the Contact Us form. We may collect personal information that is necessary for our legitimate interests, which will be disclosed to you at the time of collection. We will use this information for the purposes of which it was collected.
LunarG may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are small bits of information that the Website places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the Website to make your visits to the Website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit the Website. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of the Website may be lost. Certain web pages or services provided by LunarG, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Flash Cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that you select or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the web pages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
LunarG’s primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with products, services, and information that match your interests. We may also use information to conduct research and analysis, to improve the Website or our products and services, or to fulfill other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
LunarG may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with LunarG). We may disclose personal information to service providers for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our products or services, sending marketing and communications related to our business, payment processing, and other service providers for legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
There may be instances when LunarG may disclose personal information without providing you with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of LunarG, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors; to protect the safety and security of other Users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if we sell all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
LunarG has implemented the following procedure that you may use to access your personal information, or choose how your information is used:
- If you would like to know whether we have collected personal information about you, please send us the activities and services that you participated in on the Website that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, we will confirm whether we have collected such information about your and provide a list of your personal information that we have on file.
- If your personal information is incorrect, you may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to the address below. Your request must include: (a) all of the incorrect personal information that you wish to change, (b) the corrected personal information, and (c) your signature authorizing such changes. We will then correct the personal information in our database and send a written confirmation to you.
- If you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us, please contact us at the address listed below or use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email marketing communication. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account.
- Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time, LunarG does not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
If you request your registration information be changed or if you unsubscribe from communications, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations, or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or access. When updating or deleting your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law.
LunarG retains your personal information:
- For so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- For so long as is necessary for the legitimate purposes for which we collected such personal information.
This Website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our Users to be aware when they leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by writing us at P.O. Box 770224, Steamboat Springs, Colorado 80477.
European Economic Area Privacy Rights
LunarG is based, and this Website is hosted, in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein. Where we transfer your personal information from the EEA to recipients located outside the EEA who are not in a jurisdiction that has been formally designated by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection to receive personal information, we do so on the basis of standard contractual clauses. You may request a copy of the relevant standard contractual clauses by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If LunarG needs, or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.